Defend the galaxy from vicious space pirates! Seize your foes and fire them back at their allies for devastating destruction in Toaplan's legendary horizontal arcade shooter!
Toaplan's classic 1989 arcade shooter is back and upgraded with an armada of features, like the brand-new beginner mode, arcade-accurate emulation, quick saves, and online leaderboards!
CATS, the cyborg commander of a band of swashbuckling space pirates, is terrorizing the galaxy. You must pilot the only remaining ZIG attack craft into combat to stop CATS and his buccaneers!
- Skill-based shoot 'em up action with horizontal scrolling in a treacherous galaxy full of enemies, bosses and levels!
- Capture your enemies with the powerful "Seizer Beam" and fire them at their allies for devastating destruction!
- Take control of the Red Scatter Cannon, Blue Laser, and Green Homing Missiles and upgrade them for even greater damage!
- Invite a second player at any time in the co-op version!
- Rock out to the original soundtrack from composers Tatsuya Uemura, Masahiro Yuge, and Toshiaki Tomizawa.
- Minimal Input Lag: Emulation, input processing, and rendering all complete on the same frame.
- Quick Save using F1-F10, Reload with Shift+ F1-F10
- Online leaderboards for Single Credit, No Assist, and Assisted plays.
- Instrument panels with extra gameplay information and artwork.
- Rewind the game between 10-18 minutes, depending on the action.
- Capture sharable replays to immortalize your interstellar victories (or funny moments).
- Assist Features such as auto-fire at multiple rates.
- Very Easy Mode: Lower the difficulty to breeze through the adventure.
- Pixel perfect or full-screen scaling in windowed or full-screen mode.
- Rotate the gameplay in 90-degree increments.
- Steam Achievements
- Choose between Raw Input on Windows or Steam Input.
- Hone your skills in the ultra customizable practice mode!
What others say.
* The review score is remapped to a 0-10 scale.
A beautifully preserved slice of video game history
Bitwave has capably brought Western gamers four important, sometimes overlooked gems that play a pivotal role in arcade history
With accurate emulation, impressive quality of life features, and a slew of difficulty options to tailor the experience to one’s liking, it’s difficult to find many negatives in the first volume of Bitwave’s Toaplan Arcade Shoot ‘Em Up Collection.
Works great on Desktop Linux and Steam Deck
It's clear that Bitwave Games has put a lot of love and care into making each title as appealing and accessible as possible